Monday, August 3, 2015

Missing all of you!

Hope you all are having a WONDERFUL summer! Mine has been filled with lots of photography, family, and our three children that have been 1) making movies, 2) traveling to China and the youngest packing and prepping for Columbus College of Art & Design. As for me, I'm drenched in wine! (and no, not because of the extra family time;-) I accepted a full time position working at Buckeye Lake Winery, which is right behind our home. Being around beautiful Napa Valley and Ohio wines every day is a temptation that is hard to resist. I have been thrown in the briar patch! I know some of you relate...wine lovers get each other, right?

The photo above I took one evening in March while sitting on the dock at the winery. I took this with my phone and used no filters...this is exactly as it appeared to the naked eye. It was like no other sunset I've ever witnessed...Gulf Coast sunsets couldn't hold a candle to this Ohio beauty! It was stunning. Deep Purple's song come to life..."smoke on the water, fire in the sky."

In all of this urban farmhouse has taken a back burner. I suffered my 4th (and hopefully final) broken foot bone earlier this year so I'm scaling back on carrying, lifting, buying heavy things. You all know how much I LOVE the heavy, cool garden stuff! I'll never get over my love of old, cast iron urns. And big honkin' farm tables...they're the bomb. Any way...long story short. I'm no longer doing the Country Living Magazine fair and will miss all of you terribly! I can't thank you enough for all of your support and kind words over the years there. You truly made it the extraordinary experience that it was and I treasure all of those memories.

I am, however, participating in the incredible Rural Society Antiques & Garden Show in Mount Vernon, Ohio. A show VERY similar to Country Living without the crowd and on the most beautiful Ohio farm! Juried dealers set up in the top and lower levels of a 100 year old bank barn, under tents near the greenhouse and myself in the former Milkhouse. The show is always the first Saturday in May and October...so between sampling wine I'm buying and squirreling away for the fall show. Mark your calendar! Hope to see you there! Thank you all again for your support over the years, couldn't do it without you.



No comments: