Friday, November 12, 2021

My dad in front of the original Cabin 19 in Ontario, Canada, circa 1972.

Inspired by Water

 Hello urban farmhouse supporters!!! There's a new name and look to this blog and shop! Read on...

As a child, my parents took me and my brother on vacation to a remote lake in the Canadian wilderness. We always stayed in the same rustic fishing cabin, Cabin 19. Mike and I spent hours and hours exploring and foraging the rocky granite shoreline, swimming in cold black water laced with lily pads, walking in the woods and portaging canoes over rapids to look for moose and bear. Those moments instilled in me a deep love for nature and especially water. Every time our couple of weeks vacation came to an end I stood on a boulder at the edge of the lake in front of that cabin and cried. My heart would ache until I could return.

Those summers shaped the rest of my life in many ways. I continue to forage to this day. I am a collector, a hunter gatherer, a modern day pirate with an eye for stylish objects that sing a song of a cabin in the woods, a cottage on a beach or any coastal home. I find beauty in pieces evoking those memories and moments and fill my home, and now a website, with them.

I have rebranded urban farmhouse to reflect my roots and recently launched a website that offers new and vintage finds. I invite you to shop whenever you can, sit down, stay a while and enjoy. The screen door is always open for you.

Welcome kindred spirit, thank you for stopping by the cabin.

 www.cabin19.com

Lisa@cabin19.com 


 

1 comment:

Dtaylor67 said...

Such a nice blog ,Thank you for sharing.

It will may help you :-
Farmhouse Furnishings