Monday, December 21, 2009

Oy, this is a bad thing


In the Jeanne d' Arc Living Christmas magazine there is the most delicious recipe for Christmas coffee. I thought I would test it out before Christmas morning to see if what something I would want to serve to guests throughout the day. Well, now I can't stop drinking it every morning! Guess it will keep me on track with the proverbial January diet! Ohhhh but every cup is oh so delicious. January is a long way away.
Christmas Coffee
2 tablespoons butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 tablespoon ground nutmeg
1/2 tablespoon ground cloves
heavy cream
lemon peel
Whip the butter until it is fluffy and then add brown sugar and spices. Mix until well blended. Add a tablespoon of this mixture to the bottom of a mug, fill with strong, hot coffee and cream. Stir until the consistency is just right. As JDL suggests..."If you want to add a bit of spirit to the coffee, we suggest a good cognac".

8 comments:

Daisy's Mercantile said...

I am going to make this first thing in the morning it sound amazing and decedent.

Unknown said...

Butter! Butter in coffee. Never heard of it. I missed that in my magazine. It's time to go back thru, with coffee of course!
Happy Holidays

*The Beautiful Life* said...

I cannot believe this! That sounds just like an old recipe I grew up with for hot buttered rum -- mixing butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and then (belive it or not) vanilla ice cream, together as your base for the drink. The mixture was kept frozen (but it stayed fairly soft and scoop-able) and you'd add a tablespoon or two to a cup then add hot water and rum. YUM!

I read the recipes in the magazine, but honestly hadn't tried them yet... I sure will NOW! :)

Thanks so much!! :)

Ruth

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Did I just read "butter" as one of the ingredients, hhmmm, sounds interesting. And, it's good too you say? Merry Christmas, Theresa

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Oh my goodness, I didn't know it had butter in it. How did I skip over that in the magazine? Now I'm kicking myself I don't have brown sugar in the pantry but will certainly get them the day after Christmas, well hmmm... perhaps I can borrow some from a neighbor! This is definitely an oy with the poodles already item! Happy holidays, ~Tracie

kathi @ traybella said...

like i needed another reason to drink coffee all day! can't wait to try this...thanks for sharing.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
kathi

Unknown said...

Hi there....just found your blog and wanted to tell you how great I think it is. LOVE this picture of the two girls having coffee....I have it framed in my dressing room/area. I've also never heard of butter in coffee but......what's not to LOVE! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Oh my~ I think I will give it a try