Thursday, December 10, 2009

This is a wish all of us can help to make come true...



This is a real request folks. Just a few moments ago I received a request from a friend to send a Christmas card to a 7 year old boy battling brain cancer. As his mom says on her blog "While we are busy filling our stockings, baking cookies and decking our halls, a little boy is busy planning his last Christmas." His last Christmas wish happens to be one that we all can fulfill if we do it together. Nate wants to receive one million Christmas cards. He can count on 5 from our family, one from each of us...please spread the word and send a card to:

Nate Elfrink
2415 Taylor-Blair Road
West Jefferson, OH 43162

Also from his mom's blog: "On December 11, at 6 p.m., hold a light in your heart for Nate and his family. Nate will help Santa flip the switch to turn on the light display at Garrette Park, in his hometown of West Jefferson, Ohio. On Dec. 12 at 5:30 p.m. Nate will ride with Santa on a float in the West Jefferson Christmas in the lighted parade. May Nate’s spirit light your heart this year."

Merry Christmas Nate!
http://www.blogher.com/his-last-christmas-wish

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that's the least I can do is send a card to this precious boy. Thanks for telling us.

LeAnn

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Thanks Lisa....I will pass the word too.~Patti

Anonymous said...

GOOD EVENING LISA , THE OTHER DAY I HEARD A SONG FROM ROD STEWART A REMAKE OF LOVE TRAIN REMEMBER IT ? ANYWAY THAT IS WHAT WE ALL NEED TO DO FOR THIS PRECIOUS BOY AND HIS FAMILY BY SENDING HIM HIS CHRISTMAS WISH !!!!

trash talk said...

I would be truly honored and I know my family would be as well. If you like, I can add this to my sidebar and see if it helps to reach that million.
Debbie

summersundays-jw said...

You can count on me & I'll make sure my g'children do also. Jan

cupcake studio said...

Thanks for sharing this :) We'll be sure to send a card today...and I'll link to your post from my blog.

Happy Holidays!

dee said...

Many people has been praying for Nate from day one,(like me for one) believing god would answer our prayers and heal Nate. Since Dodie informed us of Nates recent results I have the feverish desire now to pray asking god now for a miracle2) ...Dear sweet Jesus please hear our pleas, we now ask that you bestow a miracle upon our precious Nate ...rid him of this devious illness and make him whole once again.We pray that you alow Nate to be a true testomony to all of your great powers, your unabiding love for us all. Thank you dear Jesus, AMEN Please I know many are and have been praying for Nate, I'm asking to spread this request and ask god for a miracle and rid him of this tumor once and for all. I pray for Nate to be our Christmas Miracle, wont you all join me in my new quest? Thank you all from deap within my heart :)Sincerely Aunt Dee Elfrink

Traci said...

I will put a card in the mail tomorrow. Would it be OK to post Nate's address on my facebook to spread the word. God Bless.

Cabin 19 Supply Company said...

Traci, there is a Facebook group formed for Nate, here is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/n/?group.php&gid=194891642964&mid=18c7f64G45d2b9d3G14090f1G6
Lisa

Maria said...

Hi,

Just wanted to leave a note to say that the family of Nate has said that they are overwhelmed by cards and that it has gotten too much to handle. They prefer donations be made to the hospital instead.

Here is a link to their request: http://www.columbusmessenger.com/NC/0/7519.html

Maria