Sunday, January 10, 2010

Greetings from Atlanta!


Hey y'all (well, I AM in Georgia)! I'm so excited! I'm in Atlanta at the gift show and unearthing new vendors and getting reacquainted with some of my favorites! I have been here two days and have only been thru 3/4 of one building. I am not lolly gagging folks, there's 20 floors to this building and 2 more buildings to go..so many wonderful goodies!

I was also able to see several of my pieces used in the showroom of KD Vintage!! Kathy, owner and creator extraordinaire visited me at the Country Living Fair last year and loaded up her trailer with urban farmhouse finds. She completely redesigned her showroom and worked these pieces into her fabulous displays. Here in her vintage pink Christmas vignette is a darling petite dresser I found. The top middle drawer was missing so I covered it with an old piece of ceiling tin. On top of the dresser is a architectural piece of porch railing. Sorry for the photo quality, took it with my phone. Don't they look great with Kathy's designs?

It's very overwhelming and exhausting but I am so thankful to have the opportunity to find and bring you gorgeous new treats. I've found some ruffly white totes, fabulous purses and pillows with vintage ephemera graphics, drool worthy crowns, short, flouncy white skirts to dress up any side chair, red mercury glass hearts (for your Valentine's Day sweeties), the most darling little robins complete with a perfect springtime chapeau, and so much more. I can't wait to share it all with you! I hope you're staying warm...it's FREEZING down here...and to think I picked the hotel that had a roof top pool. This week it's just for the Polar Bear Club and I am NOT a member, thankfully.

((((If you brave the cold to shop in person at urban farmhouse you will enjoy 70%
(70%!!) off loads of Christmas decorations.))))

7 comments:

Florence said...

You have got to be having sooo much fun, I have gone to gift shows in our area, wow so much to see and so much to decide. Have a wonderful time. You stay warm too. Florence

Polly said...

Hi Lisa! Ooooh I bet you are having a ball!!

Let me know when the white ruffly totes and the side chair skirts come in....I'll have to come see you!

Have a safe trip home!

Polly

ChiPPy-SHaBBy said...

Just LoVe the first picture of the Hearts!!! ~ Just AwEsoMe!!! Only 4 more months till my Mid May Visit to your shop Lisa!!! ~ Can't wait... Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

savvycityfarmer said...

I remember how fun even the Chicago market was...I never had enough moolah in my pocketbook to do Atlanta

Lori@here's a hand said...

How cute is that pink tree and house display on the vintage dresser. I'm fairly new to your blog and enjoying it very much.

BeeSwanky said...

Darn it - Wish I knew you were there. I would have loved to have met you and talked shop with you over lunch. I went into that showroom and loved the displays. You are very talented and I love your style. I'm Glad to bee back where it is warm. Missing you from "the blog".

Mitzi Curi said...

I used to visit the Atlanta gift mart every summer with my parents, who owned a ladies' boutique and gift shop. It was so much fun, but so exhausting! Thanks for sharing some of your pictures, it makes me wish I was there....with very comfortable shoes!