Monday, March 1, 2010

Meet Monsieur Le Plume!



New resident at the shop. His roommate, Wolfgang, is a little camera shy, but not Monsieur Le Plume! He found his way out of the 3-story cage to have his picture taken! He took a special liking to our mercury glass swallows. With 14 foot ceilings I soon gave up trying to catch him. My aunt always told me the way to a man's heart is through his stomach...well, it works for zebra finches too, thankfully. With a stem of fresh millet in his home and the door wide open (with Wolfgang safely partitioned off from the ground floor of the cage) Monsieur Le Plume found his treat while I silently shut and locked the door behind him ;-). Stop by and see them soon.

5 comments:

laura said...

Glad Monsieur Le Plume is home safe and sound. Love his name!

DustyLu said...

Love his name too. Great Photo! ~lulu

ChiPPy-SHaBBy said...

OMG!*!*! ~ Is that Birdie Real???? ~ sooooo sweet... Only 11 weeks til I visit your Store - Can't Wait!!! ChiPPy!-SHaBBy! in Wisconsin...

Kim from The Sheep's Nest said...

Oh he is so sweet! I've been thinking about getting some finches and this just makes me want to even more! I received my magazine yesterday and you wrap it up so nicely and I love the little key too! Thanks so much. Kim

pedalpower said...

how cute! I've thought of having a bird in the shop, but haven't done it yet!