Tuesday, September 1, 2009

One of my favorite things...and the industrial rage!


Just had to share this photo. Snapped it 15 minutes ago while standing in my kitchen. Our back door is open and the most wonderful breeze filled the curtain blowing it into the dining room. One of my all time favorites on my Top 10 Simple Pleasures list...I absolutely love seeing gauzy curtains fluttering in a summer window. I'm sure it's a memory from my childhood, it always gives me the warm and fuzzies. Below is an evolution of one piece on the inventory list for Country Living. I have 5 of these to finish! (You'll have to telt your head to the left for the first one.)

This is after degreasing and power washing.

In the middle of applying "burnished bronze".

These are quite a find. A hundred uses!! What would YOU do with them?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the hutch in your kitchen....just beautiful!
Tami E.

Anne Lorys said...

What an absolutely glorious image of your kitchen. I can almost feel the breeze myself. Stunning!
~Anne

Invited In said...

OK girl, now that I have gotten a peek at your home I am wanting to see more!!! I just love that huge cabinet....the color....the pieces you displayed on it....totally beautiful.
I love the shelving you found!! I could see them in a walk in pantry housing my collection of jars and baskets and food of course, or in my boys room, or my dream craft/sewing room!! What a find:)
Blessings to you,
Melissa

Lisa said...

KITCHEN, KITCHEN, KITCHEN!!!


HUGS FROM MAINE

Marie said...

Hello - your kitchen is fabulous, from just the little peek you gave us! That hutch is so cool. And the shelving, great find! Love the make-over. I would use it in my school room!

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

OMG, that hutch is positively gorgeous! I adore the color!

Polly said...

Lisa, Your green chippy cupboard is simply amazing! And all that gorgeous ironstone...what a collection you have! I love every inch of it! Hope all is well! I bet you are busy busy busy getting ready for CL! Good luck, and good weather to you!!!

Polly

Linda said...

Wow, that is your kitchen!?!?!?!

Cabin 19 Supply Company said...

That's my dining room. I am standing in my kitchen so you can't see any of my kitchen, thankfully ;-) I've been so busy with getting ready for the fair my house is not happy with me (read clean). However, it's VERY happy with my husband who is taking care of her, the laundry and cooking. I have the best husband! The best customers and blog friends too!! Thank you all so much for your comments about this little sliver of my home! You all are too kind.
Lisa