Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Thornville Farmer's Market

photo courtesy of Flickr If you haven't been yet...you have a few more Saturdays to get there. The Thornville Farmer's Market, adjacent to the firehouse, is open every Saturday from 9am until noon or a wee bit earlier if the goods are gone. Make sure you pick up some of Shellee's homemade basil pesto sauce. I've almost finished my jar and have savored every bite. Tonight I tossed a large spoonful with chunks of homegrown tomato, baby buffalo mozzarella, a chiffonade of basil leaves and a sprinkling of sea salt. Only one spoonful remains. Hmm...how to enjoy the last one? Before I buy another jar...or three. She mentioned it was in the air to start baking bread too. Think she'd notice if I camped out in her backyard?

1 comment:

summersundays-jw said...

I love pesto & have tons of basil. Would love to know how she makes it to keep in a jar. It looks so great in your pictures. Jan